+27 (0)12 362 1148
+27 (0)86 515 3240
+27 (0)83 200 5939
210 Roper Street
P O Box 1848
“Bwelani” is a Chichewa word (indigenous language spoken widely in Malawi) meaning “join us” / “you are welcome”.
Bwelani is a luxurious guest house located in Brooklyn - an exclusive suburb of Pretoria which is the administrative capital of South Africa. The interior is adorned with beautiful art pieces that the owner has collected over many years of frequent trips & extended stays in Africa and the Middle East. Each room/unit has a unique look and feel celebrating Africa's bounty and beauty. This beautiful spacious guest house with its tranquil ambience offers a "home away from home" where guests will have the opportunity to relax and recharge.
Afrique - Over-sized executive suite with its own lounge, kitchenette and exceptionally large bathroom with separate bath and shower. There is an extra length king size bed with ample space for additional beds. The room has direct access to a balcony overlooking the pool and garden. It is ideal for brides looking for a luxurious setting in which to dress or for the business traveller.
Hamsa - Spacious executive room with a queen size bed and a comfortable chair, ottoman and reading lamp. The large en-suite bathroom has a separate bath and shower.
Jozi - 64sqm self-catering bachelor apartment with a lounge, dining area, kitchen, study, reading corner, walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with shower. It has an extra length king size bed, a sleeper couch in the lounge and funky décor. Perfect for visiting academics or other long term travellers.
Ndlovu - Sunny north-facing room with an extra length double bed and en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower. Adorned with beautiful photographs and sketches of baby elephants in the Sheldrick Trust (elephant orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya).
Ikoyi - Spacious room with a queen size bed, reading corner, vanity area and en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower. Walls are decorated with rope art from Lagos.
Nungwi - Tranquil bedroom with an extra length double bed, en-suite shower bathroom and reading corner with a comfortable wingback chair.
Cape Flats - Large split-level self-catering apartment with private court yard with a braai/bbq, patio (overlooking pool & garden), extra length queen size bed, vanity with ample mirrors, walk-in closet, lounge with two couches which can convert into full-sized single beds, dining area and fully equipped kitchen (large fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, etc.). The en-suite bathroom has a beautiful claw foot bath, separate shower and large linen cupboard. Perfect for visiting academics, families or other long term travellers.
Two conference/function rooms with direct access to the garden. All standard equipment is available. Capacity is dependent on the layout.
There is also a big patio with an extra-long table large enough for 22 sit-down guests
- 2km by road from the Gautrain station in Hatfield
- Across the road from Pretoria Boys High School’s main entrance
- 150m from the University of Pretoria’s main entrance
- 950m from Loftus Versfeld Stadium
- Walking distance from AFFIES, Girls High and Afrikaans Hoër Meisieskool
- Walking distance from Austin Roberts Bird Sanctuary with its 189 different bird species
- Close to most Embassies located in Pretoria
- < 2km from Brooklyn Mall & Design Square with its numerous shops, restaurants & movies
- Close to numerous hospitals, e.g. Little Company of Mary, Jakaranda, Zuid-Afrikaans, Meulmed, Pretoria Eye Institute, Heart Hospital, Urology Hospital, Medforum Hospital
- Around the corner from the Advocate Chambers at Brooklyn Circle
- Gauteng North Tennis, Hillcrest Swimming pool & De Jong diving centre are all < 2km
- SABS Training centre, Auditor General Office and SARS Head Office are all in close proximity
- Bridal suite
- Conference facilities
- Chapel / Wedding venue
- Function facilities
- Dinner on request
- Ironing service
- Ironing facilities
- Hairdryer on request
- Braai facilities
- Under cover parking
- Off street parking
- Swimming pool
- DSTV in rooms
- Internet access in rooms
- Aircon in rooms
- Credit card facilities